Studies degree: Master
Duration: 2 years
ECTS credit points: 120
Field of studies: Philology
Location: 15 Mihai Eminescu St., Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching language: ROMANIAN
The program of academic studies Transdisciplinarity in teaching modern languages provides wide opening on the labor market: in public relations and international services of the enterprises, the banks, public institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations of the European bodies, translations office, in the field of tourism, advertising communication etc.
The study program Transdisciplinarity in teaching modern languages provides the opportunity for training for the insertion on the labor market by internships in public enterprises and institutions. The graduates are to be qualified for positions such as: Documentation expert (243203); Interpreter (244402); Translator (244406); Mediator (244702); Corrector (245103); DTP editor (245121); Assistant research in linguistics (258402), Protocol organizer (241909); Organizer fairs and exhibits (241911)
- C1 Effective communication in at least two international languages (language B and language C), in a wide framework of professional and cultural contexts, by using specific registers and options in speaking and writing (B2/C1 competence level in both languages– see CECRL).
- C2 Proper implementation of the translation techniques and of written and oral, language and cultural mediation from language B or C into A and backwards in areas of large interest and semi-specialized and for the proper exercise of all the professions of the translation.
- C3 Proper implementation of the general techniques of documentation, search, classification and storage of the information, use of the IT programs (electronic dictionaries, databases), mastering the bases of DTP editing and text correction, use of the DTP software and of the archiving techniques of the documents when practicing the professions of translation, documentation, and of high level secretariat requiring multilingual assistant manager skills.
- C4 Organization and management of the professional, scientific, and cultural events requiring general and PR skills in professional and institutional communication in A, B, and C languages (presentation of the company/ its products, protocol, fairs and exhibits).
- C5 Establishing relations in various institutional contexts (institution, economic enterprise, NGO) and use of some topical and multilingual general and semi-specialized knowledge in the professional fields of application of the specialization.