Studies degree: Master
Duration: 2 years
ECTS credit points: 120
Field of studies: Physical Education and Sport
Site: 15 Mihai Eminescu St., Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching language: ROMANIAN
The study program has the mission to train experts with superior training in the field of the Management of the physical education, with scientific knowledge, abilities and skills at the level of the European and international performances and in accordance with the requirements on the qualifications market. This is why our actions aim constantly to encourage the active partnership between the faculty and the professional environments in the interest of the local community, the increase of the quality of the delivered educational programs and the development of the international relations.
The study program Management of the sport organizations and activities is structured on four semesters of 14 weeks each with 14 hours per week. The first year of studies comprises 9 mandatory subjects, and the second one has 8 mandatory subjects, with 60 credit points/ academic year transferable in the European system (ECTS), so that the total of credit points for the education cycle is of 120, adding 15 credit points for the defense of the dissertation thesis. The education plan is structured so that the subjects are stipulated in a logical succession, having the purpose to shape more rigorously the general and specialty competencies in the field of the Management of the sport organizations and activities, but also to enlarge the scope of addressability of the program. The structure of the education plans for the Master studies program the Management of the sport organizations and activities is discussed in the Department of Physical Education and Sport, which coordinates the study program based on the agreed principles during the collegial consultations held at national level.
1. Specialization knowledge – requirements on:
1. Accumulation of a substantial quantity of new knowledge;
2. Identification, approach and solving new cognitive and professional issues in the field of the sport management
3. Comparing the new knowledge with the traditional ones and the capacity to establish relations between them in order to seize the new directions of growth of the knowledge and of the profession development.
2. Specific cognitive abilities – requirements on:
1. The explanation, the interpretation and the critical analysis of the theoretical and practical dimensions specific for the sport management
2. The critical evaluation of the results of some new researches;
3. Formulating interpretative alternatives and proving for their relevancy;
4. The creative application of the research methods;
5. The capacity to evaluate complex matters and to communicate assertively the results of the own investigations;
6. Conceiving and managing the specific processes for the sport and tourist management