The International Center for Language Testing, of Evaluation and Academic Counseling (C. I. T.L.E.C.A.) was established due to an urgent need for evaluation and recognition of the language skills, by the awarding of certificates with wide national coverage, and especially with international one:
The IELTS Test (International English Language Testing System) – is a mandatory requirement for immigration in Canada, Australia, New Zealand;
The TOEFL Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language) measures the applicants ‘ability to communicate in English in colleges and universities. It is recognized in over 6,000 institutions from 130 countries, enjoying the widest recognition among the English testing all over the world. It is available both in classic format, on paper (PBT) and online (iBT);
The TOEIC Test (Test of English for International Communication) evaluates any individual’s language skill such as used in daily activities, but it is required mostly for those working in an international environment or for the young people or students willing to find a job, for all those interested in this type of certification.
BMAT – has three sections and it addresses to those interested in general or veterinary medicine at Oxford and Cambridge centers; it takes about two hours, it evaluates skills, competences, scientific and practical knowledge.
ELAT – required for those willing applying for a specialization in the field of modern or classical literature at Oxford; it takes 90 minutes, and it consists in issuing a comparative essay of two or three topics of prose or poetry.
TSA – required by Oxford/Cambridge to those willing to study philosophy, politics and economics; it takes two hours, structured on two sections: the first one evaluates critical thinking, and the second one is wording an essay on a given subject.
STEP – required for the high school graduates willing to study mathematics at Oxford and Cambridge .
Another type of tests is represented by the tests organized and held under the auspices of Collegeboard and Educational Testing Service USA, i.e.:
LSAT – taken four times/ years in worldwide centers, among which the one in Arad.
GRE – standardized test required at the admission in schools from USA, for master degree and PhD degree programs; focused on a testing of the abstract thinking in the field of mathematics, vocabulary and analytical texts.
ECL Test – European Consortium for Languages, there are 3 sessions per year for English, German, French and Romanian
The International Center for Language Testing
Arad, 85-87 Revolutiei Blvd.
Tel: 0744 51 04 63
British Language Centre – the BLC-VGWU Center
British Language Centre, or BLC-VGWU Center delivers Cambridge tests and training modules attached to the Cambridge tests (all levels) at the lowest prices in the country, in a unique partnership with one of the top three universities at worldwide level, such as the accredited rankings indicate. The BLC-VGWU Centre is the only center authorized by the Cambridge University in Arad County, under the certification no RO 067. The delivered exams are paper-based or computer-based, with a monthly frequency:
Cambridge exams for general English:
- YLE Young Learners English: Starters, Movers and Flyers
- KET (Key English Test) – certificate certifying English knowledge at beginners’ level (A2)
- PET (Preliminary English Test) – meant for the pre-intermediate English users (B1)
- FCE (First Certificate English) – certificate certifying intermediate knowledge of English (B2)
- CAE (Cambridge in Advanced English) – designed for the advanced English speakers (level C1)
- CPE (Cambridge Proficiency in English) – certificate certifying the highest level of English knowledge, that of an educated native speaker (C2)
Cambridge exams for professional English:
- Business English Certificates: BEC Preliminary (B1) BEC, BEC Vantage (B2) and BEC Higher (C1)
- Cambridge Legal (ILEC- International Legal English Certificate) – certifies the language knowledge used by the lawyers and legal advisors
- Cambridge BULATS (Business Language Testing Services) tests the professional communicational skills required for the business environment, being used by companies from more than 30 countries for staff’s recruitment, for employees’ training and professional development (the test may be taken for: English, French, German and Spanish)
- Cambridge Financial (ICFE – International Certificate in Financial English) tests the language skills for the fields of accounting and finance/ banks
- The BLC-VGWU Center of Arad organizes training modules for all Cambridge exams, as well as English modules (beginners, intermediate and advanced).
- Erika Vanda Stan, B.A, M.A
- Bianca Profir, B.A, M.A
- Assoc. prof. Stancuta Laza, PhD
- Assoc. prof. Speranta Milancovici, PhD
- Claudiu Grigore, IT specialist
BLC – VGWU Center
UVVG – ITA Goldtech Arad
Arad, 85-97 Revolutiei Blvd
Tel: 0734 22 56 22