Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 3 years
ECTS credit points: 180
Field of Study: Social Care
Site: 15 Mihai Eminescu St., Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching Language: ROMANIAN
The Social Care is a study program in the field of Sociology. The mission of the study program of Social Care is to train highly qualified experts, who would have the necessary skills for the development of the community social care services, for the improvement of the individuals’, families’ and communities quality of life in environments affected by social issues. The mission undertaken by the study program corresponds to the training of the advanced skills and aptitudes of the community social assistants, according to the European Union requirements and legislation, but also according to the demands of the Romanian and European area labor markets. Training professionals in this field, as well as project managers in the scope of the social care is a priority of this specialization. The profession of social assistant has a pronounced multi-disciplinary applicative character, with highly humanistic orientation which developed extremely quickly in the context of the extension of the public and social services. Performing an efficient social protection implies training experts of sensible issues of the individual and of the collectivity.
- Social assistant – superior level;
- Research assistant in social care;
- Evidentiary councilor;
- Social assistant with competency in mental health;
- Councilor labor force and unemployment;
- School advisor;
- Advisor in the field of addictions.
- Identification, gathering of information, documentation, information evaluation and registration, analyze, evaluation and specific interventions for reducing the social risks at individual, family, group, community and society levels;
- Issuing, implementing and evaluating projects, programs and policies of social care for various vulnerable groups;
- Developing prevention services and activities, as well as support activities for the beneficiaries of the social care system;
- Consultancy in accessing the community resources for excluded persons and social groups or for those with risk of social exclusion;
- Counseling and other methods of specialized interventions delivered in the family or institutional environment (hospitals, schools, penitentiaries, anti-drug centers, specialized institutions of social care etc.);
- Communication and professional relations with the beneficiaries and other involved social players.