Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 3 years
ECTS credit points: 180
Field of studies: International Relations and European Studies
Site: 15 Mihai Eminescu St, Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching language: ROMANIAN
The Study program International Relations and European Studies is part of the development strategy of the Faculty of Social Science, Humanities, Physical Education and Sport, corresponding to the dynamics of the reform in the field, resulting from the concerns of the entire Romanian society to integrate into the structures of the European and Euro-Atlantic institutions.
We aim to train, by this specialization, experts able to perceive the European phenomenon in its complexity, a phenomenon defining a way of thinking, acting, and existing on the globalization and internationalization coordinates. Framing into the European performance criteria is a general concern of the Romanian society, reason why training experts became an urgent need.
The program aims to acquire and deepen the multi-disciplinary knowledge insured by the cooperation with other departments of the University.
The knowledge acquired at the level of the study program are needed to the future experts in issuing and implementing the strategies meant to accelerate the political, economic and social processes in order to fully integrate Romania into the EU; to work in the European institutions and organizations at national and international levels, in the NGOs at the level of the European requirements and standards.
The graduates are to acquire the qualification for positions such as: Publicist commentator – 264201; Councilor for European affairs – 242214; Editorialist – 264207; expert in political sciences – 263304; Referent external relation – 242215; Councilor for European Member of the Parliament, Councilor for transnational relations, Referent for accessing European structural and cohesion funds.
- Use of the foundations of the international relations theories in the study of the European and international processes; •
- Drafting of the European and international projects;
- Use of the methodologies of analyze in the field of international relations and European affairs;
- Designing strategies in the field of international relations and European affairs;
- Providing assistance in the field of international negotiation and mediation between the groups with various interests;
- Ensuring the assistance in the management of the relations within the organizations and institutions involved in European and international processes.