Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 3 years
ECTS credit points: 180
Field of Studies: History
Site: 15, Mihai Eminescu St., Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching language: ROMANIAN
The Bachelor program of History is of tradition, with more than 20 years ancient, being part of the development strategy of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Humanities, Physical Education and Sport.
Among the history experts’ main objectives are: finding again the information on the historical past; establishing the historical facts based on information from sources and outside the sources; oral and written presentation in the language of the study program and in an international language, of the specialized knowledge; use at basic level of the specific methods of a science auxiliary to the history (Cyrillic/ Slavian/ Latin paleography etc., epigraphy).
It is essential in this field the use of the concepts and basic methods of another social science or humanity or of a border subject between history and other sciences (sociology, anthropology, history of art, economics, psychology, philosophy etc.), and the punctual occurrence of new historic knowledge based on the thorough knowledge of an era and/ or of historical subjects of medium complexity.
Possible positions according to the RQF for the specialization of history are: teacher in secondary education – 232201; secretary of institution, faculty – 235901; external affairs referent – 241913; documentary expert – 243203; book lecturer – 243205; historian – 244302; historiographer – 244303; media/ publishing house lecturer – 245110; DTP editor – 245121; journalist – 245123; column editor – 245128; referent in public administration specialization – 247004; research assistant in history – 258304
- Establishing the historical facts base on the information from and outside the sources.
- Oral and written presentation in the language of the study program and in an international language, of the specialization knowledge.
- Use of the concepts and basic methods of at least one other social science or humanity or of a border subject between history and other sciences (sociology, anthropology, art history, economics, psychology, philosophy etc.).
- Producing punctually new historical knowledge based on thorough knowledge of an era and/ or historical matters of medium complexity
- Searching, identifying and using some methods and efficient learning techniques; awareness of the extrinsic and intrinsic motivations of the lifelong learning
- Putting into practice the techniques for group and work relations in the team, with the undertaking of various roles.
- Concern for the insurance of an inter-disciplinary character, oriented toward professional development and for the setting of culture of quality, as well;