Studies degree: Master
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
ECTS credit points: 120
Field of study: History
Site: 15 Mihai Eminescu St., Arad, 310086, Romania
Teaching language: ROMANIAN
The master study program on European History and Civilization of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Humanities, Physical Education and Sport trains highly qualified experts for historical education and research in the situation where history is among the oldest and most traditional subject in the Romanian higher education.
The master program provides a proper climate not only for the teaching training, but also for the future scientific career, with certified teaching staff, well-endowed laboratories and modern teaching techniques, as well as libraries with recent specialization literature and in international languages.
The mission of the programs of master studies European History and Civilization may be detailed in the following components: educational, research, professional development and training, communication with the national and international specialization environment. An important mission of the specialization is to promote the image of the local and national values.
According to RQF, the possible occupations for this specialization are: teacher in secondary school– 232201; secretary institute, faculty – 235901; referent for external relations – 241913; documentarian – 243203; lecturer book – 243205; historian – 244302; historiographer – 244303; lecturer press / publishing house– 245110; DTP editor – 245121; journalist – 245123; column editor – 245128; specialization referent in public administration– 247004; research assistant in history – 258304
- Oral and written presentation in the language of the study program and in an international language of the specialization knowledge.
- Use at basic level of the specific methods of a science auxiliary to the history (Cyrillic/ Slavian/ Latin paleography etc., epigraphy).
- Use of the concepts and basic methods of at least one other social science or humanity or of a border subject between history and other sciences (sociology, anthropology, art history, economics, psychology, philosophy etc.).
- Accomplishing on time, with rigor and responsibility, efficiently and with efficacy, the professional tasks while respecting the principles of ethics of the scientific activity, of rigorous application of the quotation rules and to reject the plagiarism.
- Searching, identifying and using some efficient learning methods and techniques; raising awareness on the extrinsic and intrinsic motivations of the lifelong learning.
Knowledge of the main translation techniques from the foreign and maternal languages in order to develop the professional activity, to coordinate the labor force and to establish a management technique.